Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) is all forms of communication except oral speech.
- Body Language
- Gestures and pointing
- Eye gaze
- Facial expressions
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Pen and paper
- Communication boards, charts, and books
- Pictures, symbols, and photos.
- Alphabet boards
- ETRAN frames for eye gaze
- Word boards
- Single message switches/multiple message switches
- Voice Output Communication Aids (VOCA)
- iPad communication apps (LAMP Words for Life, TouchChat, Proloquo2Go, Sonoflex)
- Speaking valves